Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Going viral...


The picture above has kinda gone viral in Facebook land, the story behind it is sad- it shows the little ones getting some bread and tea with the older ones having to eat the other way because there isn't enough food to go around.  "The older ones can go longer without food." That's the quote I've seen often with this picture...
This is the quote that comes to mind...
"We learned that orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names.  They are easier to ignore before you see their faces.  It is easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms.  But once you do, everything changes." -David Platt, Radical


Today more than usual, my heart is heavy for those without enough food to eat...

2 comments:

  1. Amen. This photo has haunted me with such feelings of grief for these precious ones. I am so heavy hearted for them, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, This made me pray for S! JUNE Lord...bring her home!! (at least one or two things a day remind me to pray for her) Since you told us about orphanages in her country, I cannot stop. My bible study even knows and hopefully remembers to pray!

      Delete