Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Gingermelon Obsession

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I made this one. But I'm back on it. When we were in Ethiopia for Jude's court date we had a group of kids that would trail our van in the area around the orphanage. Dirty and smiley, some would bang on our windows, some just watch and wave as we rode by. And they crave chocolate too. They could easily say "chocolate"!



Fast forward a bit. Now we're home and waiting for news from Embassy to come and get the little guy. I need something to occupy my hands while I'm waiting. This has been the hardest wait! So I've been making tiny little blessing bags. The hubs will have to pack all these to Africa himself, with all of his stuff and Jude's stuff, so it can't be big. So I turned to one of my favorite shops, Gingermelon, and bought this pattern and got to sewing. You can't tell from the pics, but these little babies are so tiny. I have no idea what's up with the sick satisfaction I get from sewing something this small by hand. I don't know what's up with that, but it's true and I love making these dolls. They are made of felt, so they're super light. Here are a few packed up in a snack sized ziplock. The older girls are getting bracelets and the boys are getting Hot Wheels. But they're all getting chocolate!


On another note, the family of the week is kicking off the day with $983. Have you donated yet, and did you see that cool video?! 

See you tomorrow, where hopefully I'll be able to tell you that we've been submitted to Embassy, and cleared in record timing! Oh, and I'll show you what the hubs has been doing to keep his hands busy. It's crafty, get your mind out of the gutter!






3 comments:

  1. These are ADORABLE BETH!!!!!!!! Can you make me a cute set of these sweet black babies for my girl??? Just tell me how much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course i will, but you don't owe me anything. i'll shoot you one in the mail.

      Delete
  2. How gorgeous. Have donated sorry I couldn't donate more but money is so tight but I wanted to help. Best wishes to the Hatfields. I hope all goes well. Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete