Friday, February 1, 2013

The Grace Project

This past weekend I was super sick, so I figured if I'm laying in bed what better thing to do than find new fun blogs to read, so I did! And I stumbled across this blog called Twirl, written by a gal named Laura. I was reading and oh you know blog stalking (don't judge, you know you do it too ;) ) And I was reading and reading I stumbled across this post labeled The Grace Project. Basically Laura was on a trip to Tanzania to 2 weeks, and had this God ordained interaction with this woman named Grace who owned a shop "a mere 9x7 structure of wood and dirt, harboring her family's livelihood."  and had a conversation with her, and few days later she went back to visit Grace at her shop and learned more about her...

OK and I just can't do it justice you need to go read the story for yourself HERE


Did you read it? We're you totally getting goose bumps like me?? I LOVE how this family surrounded a family on the other side of the world, and support them in the best way they can, so I'm extending that invitation to you,  I give you...


Laura started an online shop where 100% of the proceeds go to Grace and her family, and the scarves are made by Grace herself. So. stinkin. awesome. 




The scarves are only $25.00, that's an awesome deal, because you know $25.00 in Tanzania goes way farther than $25.00 here...Plus, they're totally springy and you can wear them through different seasons! And if that's not enough to convince you...meet Grace..

There she is! In her little shop! Now, I know we ask a lot of you sometimes, BUT I also know you guys have amazing hearts. Will you join us in the Grace Project?

Click on the "Grace Project" button up there and check out their shop!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment