Thursday, October 27, 2011

Peaceful Parenting: The Morning Series. Get dressed.

I know you think I'm joking but I'm not! This one I have learned to my core. You must get dressed. It must make you feel good (or at least not bad). Accessories are the cherry on top and you need the cherry on top. Let's break down some possible cute Mommy outfits and why they work. And then we'll chat about how getting dressed is going to make you a more peaceful parent. I'm sure of it.

Pinned Image

This is a winner because it's comfortable, cute, and covers the Mommy bump and butt crack. Yes, I'm talking about butt crack becaause you know how often we have to bend. Picking up stuff off the floor ALL day. You want all your stuff covered. So I'm a fan of this outfit.

Pinned Image

More of the same reasons. Thank you, long shirts. By the way have you seen this cute long shirt? One of my favorite adoption shirts to date. Just bought one yesterday. I'll be pairing mine with boots and dangly earrings.

Pinned Image

Another fave. Sweater dress with leggings and boots. Except my boots don't have big scary heels. I go for leggings and dresses in the winter because they're super comfortable and look pulled together.

And now for how getting dressed (properly and all the way) makes you a better Mom. It's because you're ready for anything and don't feel ashamed of how you look when the UPS guy comes or your mother in law pops in. You're confident and you feel at peace. And that radiates. You know that Proverbs 31 wife? Verse 22 says "...she is clothed in fine linen and purple."  That means she doesn't look like Franny in sweats. Taking care of yourself is the first step to taking care of your family. So get dressed. Put on some earrings even. And face your day with a smile. Your little ones will smile back. I promise.

3 comments:

  1. I love these clothes--and I love them especially since it's 10:34 and I'm still sitting in my pajamas on the couch with Selah coloring next to me. I probably should shower and get dressed. Good idea. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just drove Casey to school in my pajamas! Perfect day for your great post. ( I want that brown outfit.}

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so. right. I am always in a better mood when I drag myself out of pajama mode and get dressed and in my biz-nazz mode. my girls can always tell. always.

    ReplyDelete