Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sevenly

I just love businesses that incorporate giving. Social businesses are popping up everywhere, and they just warm my heart. Not nonprofits, not entirely for-profits. Sustainable do-gooders.

Before the business/fundraising geek in me comes out, I have to tell you about my new favorite: Sevenly—a do-good company that sells tshirts and gives $7 for each purchase to charity. “One design. One week. One charity.” So every week, there’s a new collection of shirts with designs specifically for that week’s cause. And this week’s shirt is just gorgeous! (There are variations of this design in different shirt styles on the web site.) The money raised for this week’s shirt goes to Together We Rise, which is dedicated to improving the lives of foster children.



So far, this company has raised nearly half a million dollars for various charities. Very cool.

Much like Give1, Sevenly places a big emphasis on social networking and spreading the word. So do just that, and be part of the do-goodness. In fact, the reason I’m writing this post is because I shared this week’s design on Pinterest, and someone from Sevenly took the time to tell me thanks for doing it! I figured that deserved a little Give1 love.

So AFTER you donate to this week’s family, check out Sevenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment