Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Summer-fy Your Skin

An unseasonably warm spring is here – at least in the “mid South” of Arkansas. As I sadly put my sweaters toward the back of my closet, I realize it’s time to pay attention to the skin I’ve been hiding all winter.

So here are a few of my favorite summertime skin products:

I love products that serve dual (or triple) purposes, like tinted moisturizers or lip balms. Neutrogena Glow Sheers combine antioxidants, SPF 30, and just a touch of color for sheer, lightweight coverage – perfect for summer.


Garnier’s new BB cream is very similar, with SPF 15. “BB” stands for blemish balm.

If you’ve been neglecting your sock-covered feet all winter, you can save lots of money by skipping the pedi and pampering them at home. After you exfoliate, try Bath and Body Works’ new Glycolic Acid Cracked Heel Treatment or Callus Treatment. To keep your feet soft and sandal-pretty, the Shea Butter Foot Cream is fantastic. And finally, get some color on those toes AND help children with Essie’s new Barefoot in Blue for TOMS shoes.


Of course, if you don't have time to make your feet sandal-ready, you can always hide them in some adorable shoes. This has nothing to do with summer skincare, but I just love these shoes from TOMS...


Or these comfy kicks from Payless for just $15!


No comments:

Post a Comment