Friday, June 8, 2012

Seminars and Webinars

I remember, not so fondly, the hours of video training we had to do when we first embarked on this adoption journey. It was mostly common sense stuff, and I totally get why it's required and it should be. But it was not awesome and I was not eager to jump in and watch more informative babble. Alas, now we are waiting and there is big fat nothing to do. I pop in my Amharic for Adoptive Families every now and then, but I'm not sure if we're getting a big or a little, and if we're getting a little it might be kind of goofy to learn Amharic. So I willingly signed up for more training. This stuff seems a little more applicable and interesting, though. On June 19th I'll be taking the live seminar (webinar? what does it mean?) about brothers and sisters during the adoption process. How to make the family blend better and what to keep an extra eye on. I'm actually pretty excited to grow my brain on this one. Another one that looks kind of cool is the Lifebooks class, which is only $10. I could get into that. There are a bazillion courses you could take regarding attachment, brain development, discipline, being a conspicuous family, and even navigating Christmas with a newly adopted child (some are even free). Here's the course list. Have any of you taken any of these classes? What would you like to take? I'm totally interested in the Christmas one, actually.


No comments:

Post a Comment