Monday, December 5, 2011

Don't Watch This in Public.

Not if you're a cryer (you know who you are... ahem, Kori, seriously, get somewhere alone :) ).  This one's a doozy. Adoption + Christmas music = an emotional wreck, but it's got a happy ending.

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xebv7muzxU]

Merry Christmas by Third Day. Totally epitomizes how a lot of us are feeling this Christmas. It's weird feeling a big ache for a child I don't know. Does she get a stocking? Nope. I don't know her favorite colors or personality. I don't know her size, so no cute dresses. I did buy her a present. It's a blanket. And I'm doing something freaky, sleeping with it so it gets my smell on it. Seems like a weird idea, but I'll send it before I go meet her in a care package. They say that's a good idea. If you're looking for Christmas presents for your little one overseas, let me say that I have found something really cool. Recordable books from Hallmark. There's a great one for tucking in your baby from afar called Under the Same Moon. It'll also let them hear your voice and the sound of our language. Just things that help ease the transition. She's definitely getting that one too. Feeling a tad sappy this Christmas. Our same child was likely on this planet last year living her life somewhere and I didn't miss her. I didn't know. But now I do and our Christmas feels a little incomplete. Boo hoo and all. OK, that's enough sappy stuff.

Have you given to the Harshman family yet? You totally should. That's why we're here! Adoption's a little hard, actually. But money is nothing. We can cover that, right? We've got more important stuff to deal with. Let's just see how much we can take off their plate this Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for telling me not to watch in public.
    beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this one's a doozy. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete