Friday, January 20, 2012

Warm Fuzzies

I don’t know about your neck of the woods, but winter has finally arrived in mine. (Well, there’s at least frost on the cars in the mornings.) Thanks to our adoptive mom this week, Lindsay Morris, you can stay warm and help their adoption. Here’s what Lindsay told us about her stylish hobby:

After the birth of my first son I really wanted to learn a new hobby. I became a stay-at-home mom, my dream job, but I still desired to have a little something of my own. I decided I would try to learn how to knit and crochet. I have fond memories as a little girl watching my late German grandma constantly in the middle of a knitting project. I suppose it is those special memories that initially sparked my interest in the craft.  I started teaching myself basic techniques via YouTube videos. Once I got the hang of it I couldn't be stopped!  I decided to open my Etsy shop to feed my new obsession. Little did I know how all of this would end up playing a role in one of our family's biggest journeys yet...international adoption!

Check out these adorable Lindsay Lou Creations:

[caption id="attachment_1376" align="aligncenter" width="226" caption="Photo from Art and Soul Photography"][/caption]











Your purchase of Lindsay’s work will help the Morris family bring home their daughter from the DRC (hopefully soon!). You can order items from her Etsy shop or on her blog’s shop. You can also ask Lindsay for a custom order, which she just loves to do. Your new hat, scarf, or blanket will give you that warm, fuzzy feeling…literally and figuratively.

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay's items are adorable! Love the colors and designs! :)

    ReplyDelete