Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Welcome to the Most Bizarre Graphic on a Blog...



Hey guys,

Sorry for the random photo, but you gotta put something on and this totally makes sense in my head. I'm going to give you our little adoption update and then connect the dots. This weekend we got the packet of info to start collecting the papers for our home study and dossier packet. Ironically 'dossier' is pronounced doss-ee-yay which is so not yay! I found it to be a ton of scary details like current copies of stuff that you have to get from weird places and notarized in weird ways. So I went in the mental fetal position for a few days. Today I've emerged and started killing it. I'm just going to go nuts on this thing. And so here's the connection to the sticky notes. I need some adorable sticky notes and you know I like to daydream about the things I'm totally not buying these days from Anthropologie. Sticky notes that say "fax this" and "notarize this" and "harass someone for this".

And then something happened with "the girls" today. I had already come to terms with the fact that these would not be our girls. But we decided to send them a secret care package anyway. Didn't want to get their hopes up or anything, but something to sort of make their day. So I sent the care package this morning and mentally said my goodbyes to those girls. But by the time I got home I had new pictures of them in my inbox and a glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe, these girls could still be our girls. Funny how things work like that. So I'm excited about the possibility, but hesitant to get excited. So I'm distracting myself by imaginary shopping online. For sticky notes of all things. Say a prayer for our girls.

2 comments:

  1. I am praying for them honey. Also for you. I might even distract you with some real sticky notes!

    ReplyDelete