Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Cupcake Taste Test



This week I was supposed to be baking cupcakes (but, um, you guessed it... I went to Target and bought some instead). It's time to get in the zone for Cupcake Kids! My kids have so much fun with this. And I do too. Like maybe past the point of normal.

So, let me tell you a bit about it. I'm sure you're going to be all over this.

Sixty Feet is an action-based organization created to bring hope and restoration to the imprisoned children of Africa in Jesus' name. We are not referring to a figurative prison of poverty or circumstance, but real places, with real bars.

Sixty Feet exists to improve the conditions of these children's 'prisons' by offering medical, counseling, infrastructure support, mentoring, and discipleship. They also serve as a voice to advocate for the kids, getting some released and placed back with their families. But, as with all things, that requires money. That's where Cupcake Kids comes in.

On May 4, 2013 kids all over the country will be selling cupcakes and donating the proceeds to Sixty Feet. It's gotten huge over the years. This year, I think we'll be making some whoopie pies. So don't get bogged down with the logistics (the date, the cupcakes, whatever). Just do what you can to raise awareness and cash! And this year I need your pictures!


s.


No comments:

Post a Comment